Veneers are thin porcelain shells that are used to cover chipped, stained or misaligned teeth in Naperville, IL. The thin layers of the veneer material adhere to natural tooth enamel to create a strong, long-lasting bond. Veneers work best for people who wish to correct minor imperfections in their smile in Naperville, IL.
The procedure for attaching veneers to the exterior of the teeth is non-invasive. The results are immediately visible. Once the veneers are adhered to your teeth, they will be able to perform all the teeth’s natural functions without any dietary restrictions or long recovery periods. Since veneers can last for many years, there is no need for constant replacement and maintenance, other than normal oral hygiene and dental exams and cleanings at Aesthetica Dental. Veneers can help you achieve the bright, healthy smile that you’ve always wanted!
Benefit of Veneers
- Veneers are beneficial when the original teeth are heavily stained, or the shape of the tooth is undesirable. Veneers can also correct a chipped or fractured tooth, fill gaps between teeth, and fix minor bite-related issues Naperville, IL.
- Veneers are a custom option to enhance your smile. They are individually sculpted for each patient. This makes it virtually impossible to tell the difference between a veneer and your natural tooth.
- Unlike your natural teeth, veneers are able to resist coffee, tea and cigarette stains because they are not porous like our enamel. For teeth that have imperfections or resist whitening, veneers can provide the whitest and brightest smile.
- Veneers can quickly fix minor twisting, overlaps or small gaps. Instead of bulky dental crowns, veneers can provide optimal esthetic results, without removing large amounts of your natural tooth structure.
About the Procedure
Porcelain laminate veneers consist of several thin ceramic layers, which replace original tooth enamel. To apply a veneer, a very thin layer of the natural tooth enamel has to be removed. This space creates room for the veneer, so it will not appear bulky. It will also restore the function to the tooth. A light-sensitive resin is applied between the layers and then hardened, using a special curing light. This creates a strong bond between the natural tooth and the veneer.
Minimal or “No-Prep” Veneers
Some patients are looking for an alternative to traditional dental veneers or bonding. Aesthetica Dental offers no-prep or minimal veneers in Naperville, IL, but they are not an option for every patient. Similar to traditional veneers, “no-prep” or minimal preparation veneers typically don’t require your dentist to remove as much tooth material and are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. The placement is often a faster procedure and patients report less discomfort than with traditional veneers. Ask your dentist at Aesthetica Dental if “no-prep” or minimal prep veneers are an option for you!
PORCELAIN VENEERS: WHAT TO EXPECT
The process for porcelain veneers is fairly simple. Dr. Lina Hamdan puts much of her emphasis on the pre-treatment planning to ensure predictable, natural looking results at the final appointment. Here is what you might expect:
- Initial Consultation & Examination – Regardless of your treatment, you will receive a comprehensive consultation and examination with Dr. Lina Hamdan. During this visit, she will inspect your teeth, gums and mouth and determine if porcelain veneers are right for you. Next, she will map out a customized treatment plan to meet your cosmetic goals as well as address your health concerns.
- Modeling – Dr. Lina Hamdan will fully explain your treatment and answer any questions that you might have. You will have an opportunity to view photos of other patients who’ve undergone treatment with porcelain veneers. Dr. Lina Hamdan may use 2-D and 3-D renditions to show you what your teeth will look like after treatment.
- Tooth Preparation – Dr. Lina Hamdan will begin treatment by preparing the teeth for the porcelain veneers. In most cases, this involves removing a small amount of the natural tooth structure to allow room for the porcelain veneers in your mouth. Dr. Lina Hamdan will take impressions of your teeth that will be sent to a dental laboratory where the permanent porcelain veneers will be made. Typically, temporary dental veneers are placed over the teeth for protection and esthetics. Temporary dental veneers are made of plastic and temporarily sealed to the front of the teeth. These are typically worn for 2 – 3 weeks while the permanent dental veneers are being fabricated at the laboratory.
- Final Fit & Restoration – When the porcelain veneers arrive from the laboratory, Dr. Lina Hamdan will try them on to check their fit, shape, and color. She will make any minor adjustments that might be needed before permanently bonding the porcelain veneers to the teeth.
- After Care – Porcelain veneers require some special care. Dr. Lina Hamdan will review instructions with you and show you how to floss and brush the dental veneers. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are important to ensure long term health and proper fit. Porcelain veneers are highly stain resistant and will look bright for years to come
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION FOR PORCELAIN VENEERS
Find out if porcelain veneers are right for you. Contact Aesthetica Dental Clinic for a consultation with Dr. Lina Hamdan. Give us a call at 630.357.2525, or schedule an appointment online today.